Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What to underwear

Because what's underneath counts, ladies!

I mean really, how are you going to build an outfit, if the foundation is all screwed up? It's just like building a strong, sturdy building. The foundation has to be on point. Let me help you out.

SPANX!!! They are your friends! No really, they are. They smooth out all those lumps and bumps and if you are that type of girl that doesn't like to wear a thong, a spanx may be necessary to eliminate those panty lines. Not to mention how it controls that wiggle and jiggle that some of us with a little more junk in the trunk have. Great for special occasions too! They are a cheap investment. You can go to your local drug store and buy a "wanna-be" spanx for about $5.00. Invest my friends. Not to mention, they are for larger and smaller girls alike.

Get the girls up! You know...the twins. Well, they should be standing high, not sagging low. With that being said, I have one question. When was the last time you were measured? You're scratching that head I see, so it's been a minute. Get measured, find the perfect bra and then buy it in a variety of colors with different strap options. Believe me, your girls will thank you 30 years from now!

Full panty. Friend or foe? I know a lot of you love them, but I'm going to have to vote foe on this one. There are a lot of great alternatives, such as the boy shorts that feel just as comfy and do not create that eyesore known as the panty line. YIKES!

Control top stockings. Friend or foe? Friend! In essence they do the same thing a spanx does and they keep those legs warm during colder months. Wear them the same color as your skin tone, with a touch of shimmer for evening events, or in the form of opaque tights during the winter. I do have one warning. NEVER, EVER wear with an open toe sandal!!! I loathe this look. Can we say country?

Now that we have all that down, we can focus on the top layers. More to come.

Remember ladies Be Bailout Beautiful!

5 comments:

PYT said...

Great post. I do need to get measured...that's a very important concept that I must invest in since my girls are a major part of me. I bet my back and shoulders will thank me as well.

Now...so what about peep toes with stockings? Yeah or Nay?

Anonymous said...

I've gotta disagree with you on the wanna-be-Spanx ... you really get what you pay for here. Get the real thing, or better yet, go for greater comfort Sassybax.

Major kudos on the bra size comment... in addition to looking better I'm MUCH more comfortable now that I've been measured!

Joan's Heart said...

Why did you scream on me about needing to get measured? I will try and go soon.

My secret - I love lace-trim panties. No VPL (visible panty lines) and a great alternative for those you don't love thongs.

Fashion Bailout said...

Peep toes with stockings. I would have to say Yeah! I especially love that look with lace tights or opaque tights. Now regular ol' stockings with the toe seam...me thinks not.

Lace panties...now that is one I have not tried. Did you hear that girls? Lace panties will do the trick as well! No VPL!! Thank you Lord!

Amanda Horan Kennedy said...

Now that the bottom half is covered let's talk about the top. The Sassybax bra or Torso Trim which is a long line bra takes care of VBL (visible bra lines). It's sold at Neiman's, Saks or online. In addition to beautiful under your even the most unforgiving tops it's comfortable.
Go line free from head to toe!
Amanda Horan Kennedy
Founder and ceo
Sassybax