Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The LBD - make it your own!







I had one on NYE and felt so fly! I saw many other gorgeous ladies wearing them and I had to give them their props. With Inauguration around the corner, I'm sure I will see plenty struting around the DMV! The LBD is an essential in every woman's closet. It is chic, it is classic, it's easy and it's fun! I guess my main concern is, how do I avoid looking like every other chick that is wearing an LBD?





The key is to- yes, accessorize my good friends! Accessories give you individuality and an added level of spunk! Don't be afraid to experiment with:
  1. Animal print shoes and bags/clutches
  2. Silver, gold or jeweled earrings

  3. A splash of color

  4. Long necklaces

  5. Scarves

  6. Choker necklaces

  7. Leather bomber jackets

  8. High-waisted belts

  9. Bracelets and

  10. Rings
Now I wouldn't recommend that you wear all of these accessories at one time, but pick a few and have some fun. If you want to maintain a classic look try a nice choker and stud earrings with classic black pumps.

If you want to have more fun, wear red shoes with a zebra clutch and large silver earrings. You'll be glad that you did!

NYE I sported a sweatheart neck, bubble dress by RubyRox (great inexpensive party dresses...Plus sizes featured as well) that had a cute little bow in the middle. I wore two multistand necklaces, red pumps, yellow clutch and small rhinestone earrings to achieve the look I wanted...young, fresh, but classic.

On the occasion below I wore the LBD with a trendy pink and black scarf, brown vintage leather bomber (Salvation Army) and black ankle boots.




Here are some pics of friends that are sporting those LBDs oh so well!

2 comments:

PYT said...

Great post. The LBD is definitely timeless and you can never go wrong with her. She can be updated to look fashion forward or toned down to give a more classic look.

Joan's Heart said...

I love my LBD! I think the key is to invest in a great (very versatile) LBD that will last a while and jazz it up with inexpensive items like you suggest.